Ports breakage since r205471
Garrett Cooper
2010-04-04 22:06:15 UTC
Hi all,
I realize that this is most suitable for current@ and I'm
cross-posting, but I wanted to jot down all of the ports broken since
the zlib version bump so that we can keep track of what's going on and
what needs to be fixed.
The following 3rd party libraries and all of their dependencies:

graphics/png
graphics/tiff
textproc/libxml2

all needed to be rebuilt.
The following items incorrectly define LARGEFILE64 and result in
errors like the following:

/usr/include/zlib.h:1561: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or
'__attribute__' before 'gzseek64'
/usr/include/zlib.h:1562: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or
'__attribute__' before 'gztell64'
/usr/include/zlib.h:1563: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or
'__attribute__' before 'gzoffset64'
/usr/include/zlib.h:1564: error: expected declaration specifiers or
'...' before 'off64_t'
/usr/include/zlib.h:1565: error: expected declaration specifiers or
'...' before 'off64_t'

devel/qt-moc
lang/python (uses pieces from gpac-libgpac I think)
multimedia/gpac-libgpac
multimedia/vlc (draft patch attached to ports/145387)

Also, I really think we should add packaging metadata to third
party libraries in base and at least track the versioning and
dependencies because this CURRENT upgrade has turned into a royal mess
and has eaten up more of my time than it should have.
Thanks,
-Garrett
Garrett Cooper
2010-04-05 01:58:40 UTC
Post by Garrett Cooper
Hi all,
[...]
As jsa@ so kindly pointed out, upgrading to r206057 temporarily
alleviates this issue. I'll keep on looking for problematic areas
where this needs to be fixed, but a #warning should probably be added
to the header to catch all of the offenders.
Thanks,
-Garrett
Xin LI
2010-04-05 04:26:09 UTC
On 2010/04/04 18:58, Garrett Cooper wrote:
[...]
I think you really want >= 206058 :(

Cheers,
- --
Xin LI <***@delphij.net> http://www.delphij.net/
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve! Live free or die
Erwin Lansing
2010-04-05 08:50:45 UTC
Post by Garrett Cooper
Hi all,
cross-posting, but I wanted to jot down all of the ports broken since
the zlib version bump so that we can keep track of what's going on and
what needs to be fixed.
I have just started a new package build against todays HEAD on pointyhat
, actually before seeing this thread, so these, and any others, will be
picked up there. I'll update the list with the results when it finishes
in a day or two.
Post by Garrett Cooper
Also, I really think we should add packaging metadata to third
party libraries in base and at least track the versioning and
dependencies because this CURRENT upgrade has turned into a royal mess
and has eaten up more of my time than it should have.
Unfortunately, the story of ports on CuRRENT :-(

-erwin
--
Erwin Lansing http://droso.org
Prediction is very difficult
especially about the future ***@FreeBSD.org
Xin LI
2010-04-05 09:02:46 UTC
Post by Erwin Lansing
Post by Garrett Cooper
Hi all,
cross-posting, but I wanted to jot down all of the ports broken since
the zlib version bump so that we can keep track of what's going on and
what needs to be fixed.
I have just started a new package build against todays HEAD on pointyhat
, actually before seeing this thread, so these, and any others, will be
picked up there. I'll update the list with the results when it finishes
in a day or two.
Which svn revision is currently using on the build cluster?

Cheers,
- --
Erwin Lansing
2010-04-05 09:12:23 UTC
Post by Xin LI
Post by Erwin Lansing
Post by Garrett Cooper
Hi all,
cross-posting, but I wanted to jot down all of the ports broken since
the zlib version bump so that we can keep track of what's going on and
what needs to be fixed.
I have just started a new package build against todays HEAD on pointyhat
, actually before seeing this thread, so these, and any others, will be
picked up there. I'll update the list with the results when it finishes
in a day or two.
Which svn revision is currently using on the build cluster?
Unfortunately, we're still using cvs for updating, but I just double
checked that it is past r206058. The update is less than an hour old
from cvs.

-erwin
Garrett Cooper
2010-04-05 09:30:12 UTC
Post by Erwin Lansing
Post by Xin LI
Post by Erwin Lansing
Post by Garrett Cooper
Hi all,
cross-posting, but I wanted to jot down all of the ports broken since
the zlib version bump so that we can keep track of what's going on and
what needs to be fixed.
I have just started a new package build against todays HEAD on pointyhat
, actually before seeing this thread, so these, and any others, will be
picked up there.  I'll update the list with the results when it finishes
in a day or two.
Which svn revision is currently using on the build cluster?
Unfortunately, we're still using cvs for updating, but I just double
checked that it is past r206058.  The update is less than an hour old
from cvs.
You won't see the issue unless you roll back to before r206057;
r206057 and r206058 disguise the compatibility issue by completely
zapping the #ifdef _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE and #if _FILE_OFFSET_BITS == 64
enable pieces.
Thanks,
-Garrett